26 February 2009

rsExecutionNotFound on CRM4's Reporting Server

Large CRM implentation normally design the SQL reporting services to run in an individual separate server to avoid the server overload. I faced an issue that wasted me 2 man-days to solved it.

Solution is very easy; I posted it out my experience, hope that can help you guys on similar issues.

I migrate my reporting services to new server, all seems to be very easy in CRM 4, just need to use the deployment management tools in CRM apllication server there, disable organization, change SRS URL only.

But the problem is after doing so, I cant render my reports at all. Spend almost 1 day to troubleshoot. I got the errors:

Crm Exception: Message: Execution '154xnnr3o5vqef55cimag0jc' cannot be found (rsExecutionNotFound), ErrorCode: -2147220332, InnerException: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException: Execution '154xnnr3o5vqef55cimag0jc' cannot be found (rsExecutionNotFound)at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.SetParameters(IEnumerable`1 parameters)at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.ConfigurePage()

Additional, from the SQL log, I can see this:

w3wp!session!b!02/25/2009-00:48:45:: i INFO: LoadSnapshot: Item with session: znix5areosn3gmvnwkwr2x45, reportPath: , userName: domain\machine-name$ not found in the databasew3wp!library!b!02/25/2009-00:48:45:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: Execution 'znix5areosn3gmvnwkwr2x45' cannot be found, ; Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: Execution 'znix5areosn3gmvnwkwr2x45' cannot be found

Problem is the error showing seems not much useful and describe the root cause after you know the root cause.
To solve this issue, for my case, just make sure all your FE server, reporting server.. configure to use the same datetime region.
What I can think off after this was the LoadSnapshot with session always deal with the session expired issue, because of the time region different, when you execute the report from front end, it found different time and your session expired!

0 comments :

Post a Comment