Default CRM4 application configure OLEDB timout as 30 seconds. We can modify the register in application server to extend the time. Refer the screen capture below:-
We just need to extend the OLEDBTimeout value and add a new DWORD key "ExtendedTimeout" . You can create the 2 keys if does not exist. By right OLEDBTimeout is already inserted during installation.
- Run >regedit
- expand the tree to >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Change the default value 30 on OLEDBTimeout to the seconds you prefer. (Modify by Decimal)
- Next, right click MSCRM, NEW DWORD rename to "ExtendedTimeout". (Modify the Decimal value to 1000000)
- Important: in Decimal value do not type value larger than 2,147,483,647
- After you successful run those 'resources hungry' tasks, set back to original value. Delte those key that previously does not exist.
Happy CRM'ing :D
Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService
Event ID : 17415
Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Refer the Microsoft KB article also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609